Comfort food – food that speaks to your soul. Whether you are a weekly participant of Taco Tuesday or you just enjoy the occasional fiesta dish – this is one that you will love!
Our Skillet Burrito dish was brought to you by guest Heron, Natalie Baker! Taking a traditional Mexican dish and making a few slight changes like using ground turkey instead of beef and plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, Natalie was able to make this dish a touch bit healthier! Packed with protein, this dish is sure to please!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 corn or flour tortillas cut into wedges or strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or mexi-blend cheese
- plain Greek yogurt
- chopped green onion
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-medium high heat. Once hot, cook through onion until translucent. Add ground turkey until browned. Drain meat.
- Return to heat and add all spices. Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans & water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer approx. 5-10 minutes to heat up beans.
- Add to mean/bean mixture tortillas and stir in. Add cheese to top.
- Remove from heat and add lid to skillet, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Serve with Greek yogurt and green onion. ENJOY!